Knee replacement (arthroplasty) is a common surgery that treats diseased or damaged knee joints to relieve pain and help you stay active.
Your orthopaedic surgeon may recommend knee replacement surgery if you have knee pain that is getting worse over time, normally due to:
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout)
- Age-related cartilage degeneration
- Knee injury (due to accidents or sports)
- Bone deformity
At Sapna Healthcare Centre, our orthopaedic surgeons are pioneers in knee replacement surgery
Partial Knee Replacement
Partial knee replacement is a surgical procedure in which the surgeon only replaces the damaged part of the knee. It is effective in treating severe knee arthritis that only affects a part of the joint. The orthpaedic surgeon excises the diseased joint surfaces and replaces them with state-of-the-art metal and plastic prostheses.
Most commonly medial compartment arthritis is treated by Partial Knee Replacement.
The specific procedure depends on the part of the joint affected by arthritis. The surgeon may replace the end of the femur or thigh bone, the end of the tibia or lower leg bone, and in some partial knee replacements, the area of the joint below the kneecap is replaced.
Knee Surgery Ghatkorpar
- We arrange physiotherapy, knee braces, and knee injections
- We can arrange for knee surgery including arthroscopy, posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction & anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
Knee Arthroscopy Surgery includes the following –
- Repair of Meniscus
- Cartilage Repair
- Anterior & Posterior cruciate ligament repair
- Synovectomy of Knee